Katelin provides a safe, accepting environment in which clients feel comfortable and supported. In her work, she employs a strength based approach to help clients utilize their unique assets to create and support lasting positive change that will translate into all facets of life.
Difficulties clients may be facing include:
Anxiety and Phobias
Low Mood or Depression
Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings
Grief and Loss
Feeling Unfulfilled in Life
For her work with children, Katelin utilizes her specialized training in play therapy
she received through the Justice Institute of British Columbia. When working with couples she may utilize some Gottman counselling techniques from her level one certification through
the Gottman Institution.
Katelin understands that reaching out and calling a counsellor for the first time is a courageous step. To make this first step as welcoming as possible, she encourages new clients to ask questions prior to the first appointment and, of course, throughout the counselling experience.
Specific Counselling Services Offered:
All information shared with your counsellor is confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone except in specific cases that will be outlined in a consent form at the beginning of your first session. At the client's request, accompanied by written consent, a counsellor may consult with other professionals.
Public Speaking and Facilitation Services:
In addition to her work in counselling, Katelin also provides public speaking services including psychoeducation and group facilitation. She has experience facilitating workshops, speaking in community settings, and also delivering guest lectures in academic settings.
Public speaking is a natural extension of Katelin's counselling and she excels at relating to people on this larger scale. Katelin creates an interactive experience for participants by engaging groups of all sizes in meaningful discussion of important topics.
Recent presentations and workshops Katelin has facilitated include:
- 473 - Pre-Practicum Counselling Skills Lab - Adler Unversity
- Pre-program Basic Counselling Skills Workshop - Adler University
- Resilient Minds - Kids Anxiety Group
- Selfies and Self-esteem: Navigating The Online World of Today
- Counselling with Families Going Through Divorce
- Mental Health in University Residence
- Parenting and Technology
- Managing Anxiety and High School - Coping Strategies for Adolescents
- School Phobia and School Avoidance
- Ethical Decision Making - Counselling and Ethical Dilemmas
- Trauma Informed Approaches to Working with Clients Dealing with Homelessness and Addiction
Please contact Katelin with inquiries regarding public speaking or facilitation and for information about her public speaking fee schedule.